Monday, January 21, 2013

MAKEOVER!!!!

This is a day I have been waiting for, for a LONG TIME, or 3 years 9 months. My kitchen got a makeover!!!!

When we moved in (3 years and 9 months ago) I knew I didn’t like our kitchen cabinets, but we liked everything else, and it wasn’t a deal breaker on the house for us. Well…. I got the itch to paint our cabinets about a year ago and right after New Years, I did!

I used Rustoleum’s Cabinet Transformations kit in Chocolate and am very pleased with the results. It was time consuming and there might be a few things I would do differently next time, but overall I really like the outcome and process. AND I got an amzaing deal.

The Kit retails for $70-$75. I saw the chocolate kit at Home Depot at the beginning of December on clearance for $53(it was just a return, nothing wrong with it). I thought it was a good deal, but didn’t pick it up because I wasn’t sure what color we were going with. WELL fast forward to New Years Day at Home Depot and it was still there, so I asked if they’d go any lower on the price since it had been there for a month and they did, $38!!!

So Basically we transformed our kitchen with “new cabinets,” added crown molding, and new hardware for right around $110. I LOVE a good deal!

Enjoy the before and after's!

Before… orangey oak with brass hardware

P1100625P1100626

After… Chocolate with Brushed Nickel hardware and crown molding

P1100685P1100684P1100686

3 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks amazing!!!!! Love the color and how much impact the crown molding has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRAVO! Great transformation, Elizabeth!

    Following along in my reader!

    ReplyDelete