Sunday, June 17, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake

P1090801
One of my dear friends made this dessert a few weeks ago and it was SOOOO delicious, she not only sent me home with the recipe, BUT also the leftovers (as a true friend would Winking smile)
I decided to try my hand at it for Father’s Day. I made two batches (the second turned out better than the first!)
Here’s the recipe….
Enjoy!
Make and Bake a yellow cake mix, once cooled use that as the bottom layer (I have also used a trifle bowl and made several layers in it).  You want it to be kind of thin, so maybe use a larger pan (Hence why I made two batches).
For the strawberries: Cut up 2 cartons and add about 1/3 cup of sugar.  Warm over a low heat on the stove.  The sugar will create strawberry "juice", then whisk in a tsp. of corn starch to thicken.  Cool.
Whip Cream: Cream cheese to room temp (I used 1 and 1/2--I think that's about 12 oz).  Beat in 1 cup of sugar. Then add a container of Cool Whip.
So I layered the cake, the the whip cream, then the strawberries.  You can add more fresh strawberries on the top and even other fruit like raspberries or blueberries.
P1090791P1090795



No comments:

Post a Comment