Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Ryne Charles

Today my sweet baby boy turns one. A year ago we had NO IDEA what kind of first year this was going to be. Ryne was born with a heart murmur that was diagnosed as congenital heart disease. He will have to see a cardiologist all of his life to monitor a few issues with his heart.
ryne02_8972
I never thought I would learn so much about the human heart in it’s physical nature and properties, but I learned even more about a mother’s heart. Ryne’s first week in the NICU at two different hospitals was the best and worst week of my life. I felt so many raw emotions and had a constant underlying fear for my baby.
In the big picture, he was one of the healthier babies in the NICU and CICU (Cardiac Intensive Care Unit), but it brought about a new awareness that life is precious and even in the midst of hardship, to be thankful. I don’t know if I’d say I would want to go through it all again, but I feel blessed and have a greater understanding of the Father’s love and His love for us.
I’m happy to report today that Ryne is doing great. He is a super happy little boy and a pure delight to us. He adores his big brother and tries his best to keep up with him.
Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!
P1090421

No comments:

Post a Comment